I’d fully intended to write an in-depth review of the Battlestar Galactica season premier, but due to physical fatigue brought on by a renewed commitment to jogging (I will reclaim my waist and my ankles) and woefully inadequate sleep, I’m just too exhausted to do so right now. So, I’ll just give you a few of my favorite moments from the episode:
- Starbuck defying Adm. Cain and getting the surveillance photos her own fracking self, thankyouverymuch.
- Starbuck getting promoted to captain, even if it was at the hands of that heinous, baby-eating she-beast.
- The distinct, yea, palpable sexual tension between Starbuck and Adm. Cain. The SciFi Channel no doubt secured countless loyal viewers with that scene.
- Rosalin’s blunt assessment of the power struggle between Adama and Cain: “You’re going to have to kill her.” Wow. That woman has a set made of pure steel. Did I mention that I love her?
- Col. Tigh doing us proud by plying Pegusus’ XO with alcohol and pumping him for information. I actually feel sorry for the XO. His boss is terrifying.
- The frank, weary discussion between Chief and Helo (“Cylons: Can’t live with ’em; can’t live without ’em”). How awkward must that be?
Some thoughts for Part 2:
- Will Cain meet her end, and if so, who will deal the blow? For some reason, I don’t think it will be Starbuck. It wouldn’t surprise me if that poor, booze-soaked and guilt-ridden XO of hers did the job.
- As president, doesn’t Rosalin have the authority to promote Adama over Cain? If so, why hasn’t she?
- Why is the imprisoned Six cooperating? Is her resentment of the powers that be, who promised her death, genuine? Or is she setting the humans up for something?
- My brother posed an interesting question: Is Dr. Baltar (whose extreme wee-ness was more apparent than ever in the last episode, BTW) — a Cylon? Is he perhaps Papa Cylon but somehow doesn’t realize it yet? I can’t wait to see what we learn about young Gaius in this season.
So, that’s all for now. Feel free to talk among yourselves.